The terms “you,” “your,” and “yours” refer to the customer/purchaser utilizing our Site. The terms “Kurt Svendheim”, “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to The Pattaya Village Hotels Company Limited.
If you create an account or use The Pattaya Village Hotels services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information – your name, address, phone, email, Skype ID and other similar information.
- Financial information – the full bank account and routing numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your The Pattaya Village Hotels Account or input when you use paid The Pattaya Village Hotels Services.
When you use The Pattaya Village Hotels services, we collect information about your transactions and your other activities on our website and we may collect information about your computer, mobile device, or other access device for fraud prevention purposes to monitor for possible breach of your The Pattaya Village Hotels Account, and to identify any malicious software or other activity that may harm The Pattaya Village Hotels or its users.
To help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal information, we may collect information about your use and interaction with our website or The Pattaya Village Hotels services. For example, we may evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity that may affect the availability of Kon-Tiki services.
Finally, we may collect additional information form or about you in other ways such as contacts with our customer support team.
- Recognize you as a The Pattaya Village Hotels customer;
- Customize The Pattaya Village Hotels services, content, and advertising;
- Measure promotional effectiveness; and
- Collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk, help prevent fraud and promote trust and safety.
We use both session and persistent cookies when you access our website or content. Session cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your browser until you erase them or they expire.
We also use Local Shared Objects, commonly referred to as “Flash cookies,” to help ensure that your account security is not compromised, to spot irregularities in behaviour to help prevent fraud, and to support our sites and services.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website. The help section of most browsers or browser add-ons provides instructions on blocking, deleting or disabling cookies.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in Asia Pacific and elsewhere in the world where Kon-Tiki facilities or our service providers are located, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
We store our customers’ personal information securely throughout the life of the customer’s Kon-Tiki Account. Kon-Tiki Group will retain your personal information for a minimum of five years or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to resolve disputes.
- Provide The Pattaya Village Hotels services and customer support you request;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Customize, measure, and improve The Pattaya Village Hotels services and the content and layout of our website and applications;
- Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We will not use your personal information for purposes other than those purposes we have disclosed to you, without your permission. From time to time we may request your permission to allow us to share your personal information with third parties. You may opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties, or from allowing us to use your personal information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which we originally collected it or subsequently obtained your authorization. If you choose to so limit the use of your personal information, certain features or The Pattaya Village Hotels Services may not be available to you.
If you use your The Pattaya Village Hotels account to transfer bitcoin, ether and or cash about the purchase or sale of goods or services, we or you may also provide the seller with your shipping address to help complete your transaction with the seller. The seller is not allowed to use this information to market their services to you unless you have agreed to it. If an attempt to pay your seller fails, or is later invalidated, we may also provide your seller with details of the unsuccessful payment. To facilitate dispute resolutions, we may provide a buyer with the seller’s address so that goods can be returned to the seller.
We work with third parties, including merchants, to enable them to accept or facilitate payments from or to you using New Nordic Group. In doing so, a third party may share information about you with us, such as your email address or mobile phone number to inform you that a payment is sent to you or when you attempt to pay that merchant or through that third party. We may use this information to confirm that you are a The Pattaya Village Hotels customer and that bitcoin as a form of payment can be enabled, or where a payment is sent to you, to send you notification that you have received a payment. Also, if you request that we validate your status as a The Pattaya Village Hotels customer with a third party, we will do so. Please note that merchants you buy from and contract with have their own privacy policies, and The Pattaya Village Hotels cannot be held responsible for their operations, including, but not limited to, their information practices.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information about the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Financial institutions with which we partner.
- Companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when:
- We are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure; or
- We believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
The Pattaya Village Hotels will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
If you establish a The Pattaya Village Hotels account indirectly on a third-party website or via a third party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on a The Pattaya Village Hotels website) will be shared with the owner of the third party website or application and your information may be subject to their privacy policies.
We will notify you of material changes to this policy by updating the last updated date at the top of this page. It is recommended that you visit this page frequently to check for changes.